We have had a great time in Charleston but with only 2
months warning we will be moving to Virginia, Scott will continue to be active
duty military but now will work at the Washington Navy Yard right in DC, in
naval reactors, He will be wearing a shirt and tie to work rather than his Navy
uniform he wears now… time for a wardrobe update.
When we moved to SC we anticipated being here pretty close
to 4 years however we are moving on early with our time frame at just under 3
years. Scott initially hoped to work at NR when joining the Navy but, I feel due
to the Lord’s wishes for us to be in Charleston first and the initial placement
not quite right for Scott he got unusually extra hard questions for the
technical interview. So, Charleston first it was. Since being here Scott has revisited
the idea several times of wanting/hoping/asking if a lateral transfer to NR
would be possible. Each time he brought it up I wasn’t too sure about it I wasn’t
sure the job we fit his interest and felt like there was a reason we were here.
The week before we heard there was a vacant spot at NR that needed to be filled
I began feeling a desire again to experience a new city to move and have a new
adventure. While I’ve enjoyed my time here and made good friends, I don’t have
any roots here. Family isn’t around and those we are closest to here either
have moved or will move, and I was feeling satisfied with my Charleston
adventures. When we found out about the
NR spot I knew Scott really wanted it and surprisingly I felt really good about
it this time. We were anticipating the decision to be made fairly fast and the
move to happen quickly but we had to wait anxiously for 2 months before it was
a full yes to Scott.
We will be moving last week of April to somewhere up there. It
seems that commute to work will be at least an hour no matter where we live.
Here’s to opening the chapter to expensive long commutes, super expensive
housing, more expensive everything, along with lots of neat history and places
to see, and great extended weekend trips. We are excited.
Anyone want to visit Washington DC? Now’s the time!
You're a power couple! Pretty cool stuff you're doing.
ReplyDelete