I have been torn about doing projects with the idea of a move on the horizon will I need to pack? Why decorate if I am just going to take everything down in a few short weeks....
I figure if I get as much of the decorating stuff done now it'll be ready to put right up when we move and not take 4-6 months to set up the nursery like it has the first 2 baby’s (the curse of moving 3-4 weeks before delivery). I finally made a decorating decision with the girls room and I hope now I won’t have to back track with painted walls and décor where we end up. I was torn on pink. I had pink Quincy stuff but also pink nursery end decision- Q: pink, lime, bright colors, Joc- navy, gold (not yellow but real gold), and pink. With the tulle that was a crib skirt before I made poofs for a mobile type hanging balls in Quincy’s room. For Jocelyn’s room I made an adjustable crib skirt- I’m hoping that with clothes pins I can keep it looking good at all lengths, a silhouette painting of angel and a 7X5 star flat mobile (for lack of knowing how to describe it) to be hung someday when we are settled again.
I am working on a measuring height board to keep our memories on, playdates, get togethers with friends before we leave, and slowly working on my new goal to be able to play every hymn in the hymn book. Most of all I am taking care of my family with meals, clean up, play, play play. It can be exhausting how often we have to eat!
We are excited to have Mom and Dad Allen come visit just after general conference to see the girls, Dad meet Jocelyn, and help us do a last hurrah seeing Charleston. We are trying to make sure we get everything in. Last weekend we bought us a much needed sweetgrass basket for Charleston memories.
I can help you settle into your new place!
ReplyDelete