Saturday, January 11, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a fun Thanksgiving with Brady and Jackie Hammond hosted an amazing and delicious day. They are another Utah/Idaho transplant couple who are here in SC with Him being a power school instructor also.  We also shared the day with Jackie’s  sister and brother in-law who are studying here at Clemson, a single instructor, and 4 enlisted nuke students (via the adopt a sailor program at the command for Thanksgiving.) We paid our way again with pies. I am always worried about how my baking is going to turn out, but I think I feel more comfortable and enjoy baking more than cooking.  We brought a raspberry, chocolate pudding, and 2 pumpkin pies and accidently made a third. With so much extra pie even after leaving some with our hosts I went against the pumpkin pie puree can instruction and did freeze some pumpkin and raspberry pie and they both were delicious after the fact. We ate up the pumpkin here the day after Christmas.

But onto the day, Scott joined Brady for a turkey bowl with his ward and enjoyed playing despite the chilly weather. After Scott cleaned up we went back up to Moncks Corner and enjoyed the multiple platters of appetizers and I helped with the list of last minute items for the big feast. We enjoyed a fabulous feast and Scott loved sitting and watching football the rest of the afternoon mixed in with a little cleaning and a lot of baby duty so I could do the dishes. Q did fabulously with the long day and she loved the food as well, especially the rolls.


We were sent home with bags of leftovers which was awesome for a more relaxing long weekend (not having to cook). Although they live 2 wards away (which is a good distance for Charleston terms) we enjoy getting together with the Hammond's and I look forward to becoming better friends with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment