Saturday, January 11, 2014

Dear Q

January 11, 2014
Dear Quincy,

You are still the sweetest thing. Here are a few things about you from the last couple months:
When the a timer goes off, microwave, oven, whatever you shoot your arm straight up in the air with you pointer finger up and let out a surprised/excited ah!.
When you were probably about 13 months if there were water droplets left on your tray you would try to pick them all up.
You love to play hide in seek. Squealing, and being scared and nervous and getting excited when you think you are turning the corner to where someone is hiding. Fun video to come. 
You are impossible to take pictures and videos of these days, you just want to hold the camera.
When you think something is pretty you say Ooo-oo-oooo, going up an octave for the middle part. The first morning you saw our Christmas tree you did your cutest little ooo-oo-ooo and went right over to it. I didn't even have the lights on because I didn't want to make it more inciting then it already was. The first day I taught you to just look at the tree and not play with it. The first 3 weeks of it up you hardly touched it, then I couldn't keep it decorated so, it stayed un-decorated until Christmas Eve. You loved the lights and always asked for me to turn them on by pointing, grunting, and saying "tree."
If you are holding a phone and it starts to ring you hold out your arm bringing me or dad the phone.
When I sing itsy-bitsy spider you take part in the actions, You wiggle your fingers up your body, down like rain and side to side to wash the spider out out. You will get better but it is the beginning of you catching on and it made me cry when we showed daddy. 
You used to "help" me with laundry but now you walk around me to get to the broom, take it out of the laundry room and sweep the floor. 
You know the health clinic and hate when we go back to one of those rooms where the doctor is or you might get poked. 
Yesterday I showed you a lizard stuck between the screen and the window. You held on to me so tight and although I was holding you you tried to slide around to my back to get a way from it. Today a feather from a pillow was on my bed you pointed it out but when I blew it to make it move it scared you to and you got as close to me as you could. I guess a feather could be mistaken for a creepy bug.  
You have been going to nursery for almost 2 months now. No, you aren't old enough, but the leaders said if we stayed you could come. You did so good, playing and being happy, that the leaders didn't have me or dad stay with you. You just Love kids. I think the ward was grateful for the nice nursery leaders because you were everywhere and very distracting. The last 2 weeks you have had a harder time in nursery, since grandma and grandpa came, but I think that is because we messed up your schedule. Hope you'll be back to your happy kid friendly self again soon. 


Still makes me smile thinking of all these stories. At the end of each one I want to write how adorable you are and how much I love you. 

Love you my little angel,

Mommy

1 comment: