Wednesday, June 5, 2013

a year ago...

A year ago was reason to celebrate I finished full time work at Trinity and was counting down the days of my month left with them as a part timer. This was the job that I thought about quitting about every other day. The job that brought tears, (not of joy) the job that I was cursed at and hated just for trying to help the people, the job that brought smells more awful then Quincy's diapers and where socks were thrown at my head more then once. The job that promised a raise 3 months in and when the company changed 2 months in I verified I get the raise still, needless to say I was never able to get a wage I rightly deserved. The job where the company seemed to contradict themselves every way we turned...I could go on but I won't.

There were good things...like getting Shirley's sweet rolls a couple times a month, donuts, and vendors taking us to lunch and bringing other goodies. I do miss those oh so bad for you, but oh soooo good caloric foods...I just discovered the reason why I lost weight. (If anyone would like to donate a few pounds in way of Shirley's raspberry rolls I wouldn't say no.) Back to the topic, another good thing was the company paid for some continuing education credits required for my certification. Tonight I finished the last online class I requested from Select Medical to pay for more then 13 months ago. 

I proved everyone wrong by sticking it out the full 10-11 months before we moved. 

Select Medical and Trinity Mission Provo, I don't miss you much. Here in Charleston with my little Quincy I am happy. 


Ps  Also a year ago we just moved out of Todd and Ellie's basement apartment,  Scott was starting ODS, and I had a big prego belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment