My Dear Sweet Joceyln,
Welcome to our family. We adore you.
We moved
across town from an apartment to a house only 3 weeks before you were born and
although we were excited for you to come the house and hospital bag was not
prepared for you when you decided to make your entrance. I had had a doctors
appointment just a few days before and although I was starting to dilate I was
telling everyone I didn’t think you would be here for a while. All that
vacuuming trying to make the new house more livable and smell fresher must have
put me in labor. Thank goodness Daddy was home, he had been unreachable on an
aircraft carrier trip until just a day and a half earlier.
I woke up very uncomfortable at 2:30 am on October 5, I squirmed
around a bit, got up and then treid going back to sleep. It was just like many
other nights lately, however this time the pain kept coming back. Finally I
concluded I was having contractions and they were happening pretty regularly.
Dad woke after a while of me trying to go back to sleep and getting in and out
of bed. He tried to comfort me and joked about needing to go to the
hospital. Well after of debating calling
and waking someone to come watch Quincy while we went to the hospital we
finally did. (I didn’t want to have a friend come in the middle of the night
for me to be sent home, I was thinking of all the false alarms I had heard
about.) Brady and Jackie Hammond arrived about 4:30 and Dad and I left for the
hospital. We soon found out these contractions weren’t a false alarm. The nurse
also informed us that it wouldn’t be long until you were born, I was already
dilated to an eight and I probably wouldn’t get my epidural. Yikes! The sweet
nurse did everything she could to help me get my epidural but when my body was
finally prepared for the epidural I was dilated to a 10 and there was no
turning back.
After a LONG 40 minutes of pushing and being told to relax
because my tensing up just was pushing you back in rather than out, LOTS of
really loud screaming, and asking the doctor “WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME!”
keeping my eyes tightly shut you were born 6:52
weighing 5 lbs 15 oz (born at 37 weeks 1 day gestation), and …. I hope to never have labor and delivery
without an epidural again yet, somehow writing this I want to do it again, I
suppose it is the miracle of it all and being blessed with a sweet angel at the
end. It was amazing how the intense pain just ended and I knew you were here
and finally you were placed in my exhausted arms and I could start to be
amazed. It took longer for me to enjoy initially because I was recuperating
myself more than when Quincy was born, but it was instant love, well I had been
loving you, my baby, for at least the previous 9 months but now it was even
more real. Daddy cut the umbilical cord, but since I was in my own world I
didn’t know it until a week later.
We had informed both sets of grandparents we were going to
the hospital then all your aunts and uncle the next morning were very surprised
to wake (EST v MST) to a message of a beautiful new niece.
You had the cutest little cry and the first few days I just
had to laugh when you cried. It made me happy.
Plus you didn’t cry much you only slept; I had a hard time waking you
even to eat.
Daddy brought Quincy
in to meet you Sunday night- her initial reaction was caught on video and she
wasn't’ very happy. After crying and screaming and hiding in dad she warmed up
to you and was happy to hold you. Nana was able to get on a stand by flight
that night to come help. She met you when you were just a day old at the
hospital (we stayed a little over 2 days). Grandma Jill was unable to change
her ticket previously purchased for a few days before your due date and met you
in person and helped out about 3 weeks later.
You are now three months old and full of big cheesy smiles
and sticking your long tongue out as far down your chin as possible. You LOVE
to be held and hate to be put down. The first 3 weeks you went to church you
managed to throw up your full last meal and more each week, you also had the RS
lesson completely stopped once and had everyone around us worried about you the
other time.
She is so cute!! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteLove this!Way to be a good mom and write this all down!
ReplyDeleteOh man, Jen! You were making me tense up, shut my eyes tight and nearly cry out! Great recap. I hope I don't shout these same things in Lisa's dentist office this afternoon. I was thinking of canceling because I'm getting scared, but your report makes me feel like I should toughen up and take it like a woman. Can't wait to meet Jocelyn!
ReplyDeleteHaha, thanks guys. Every post is probably more then you'd like to read but It's my way to get the details down so I remember, I don't have another journal. Hope the you survived the dentist Todd!
ReplyDelete