Friday, November 22, 2013

Dear Quincy (finally)

November 22, 2013
My Dear Sweet Quincy,

You are a bubble of energy, friendliness, and fun. You love to climb on chairs, tables and desks as well as find a way to get to any technology you possibly can. If your eyes spot the iPad you beg and beg to hold it, you want complete control of the iPad. That is unless it is locked, then you will take my finger to push the numbers trying to get me to unlock it for you, somehow you know with your almost 15 month old brain how that works and you can’t do anything else until those numbers are pushed. You seem to like having background noise and will point to the computer or iPad and do your little squat dance to get me to turn on music. I agree, with just the two of us all day it can get quite. When you’re ornery for no reason we call or facetime family, you like, shearing the phone ring, hearing voices, seeing other little kids, and holding the iPad pushing all the buttons.  The other option for ornery Quincy is to go outside, you still love it, you like being in the stroller, but you LOVE getting to walk yourself and pull me to whatever you want to explore.  Often you purposely fall down so you might get a chance to walk without holding my hand. Little Q , you are always pulling me somewhere even when we are in the house, mostly to get you something or somewhere you can’t yourself. Usually it is the fridge. I feed you well, but you are often picky and somehow always wanting more food.

We talked with Papa Allen a few days ago and he told us about the family 3rd Sunday dinner. It made me cry when he talked about the kids playing together. I am sorry we don’t live near family and you can’t run around with your cousins and get to be great friends with them. You love being around other kids but don’t have that chance often enough.

I am getting worried to put up the Christmas tree with you around, please be good to it. I even made kid friendly-unbreakable ornaments but I can just see you pulling pines off all the time and having a tree topple over.  

I love you! I love that you will hold my hand again and snuggle with me. I love watching you sleep. You are my little angel!

Love always,

Mommy

Here are some of the latest and greatest pictures of what you have been up to.

Exploring, look mom, a stick!





I don't know how to add videos. Why is it so hard?
Q doesn't let daddy lay down on the floor anymore (even when she doesn't want to ride his back she makes him sit up.)
This is the  regular series of events: daddy lays down, Q goes over pulls on his hair and pushes him up, signs please and climbs on daddy's back, then enjoys a little horsey ride. 

This picture was just a few days ago, soon after Scott got home from work Q was able to get his cover off the table and put it on her head, just like daddy. She has done this a few times since. :)




1 comment: