WOW it has been a full life. I needed to blog long before
all this happened, but I didn’t and then all this happened:
·
Bedbugs.
o
I started getting lots of unexplainable bug
bites, however it was only me.
o
I wondered if we had bed bugs and but couldn’t
find anything.
o
I found 1 bug on the wall and it was confirmed
by pest control that it was, they couldn't find any more bugs either but said
if there was 1 there more and it needed to be treated. They breed like wildfire
and I didn’t want it to spread or have Scott or Q get bitten.
o
I had to prepare for treatment, which is A TON
of work, almost like moving out of the bedrooms and drying ALL your clothing
blankets etc to kill and bugs or eggs.
o
Treatment was going to be $400+ and there was no
guarantee, just that TON of work 3x.
o
We didn’t feel like there was a $400 problem, so
we bought a $30 steamer and did the work ourselves. Probably 20+ hours.
o
We only found about five little bedbug friends
or varying sizes in a little group under our bed
o
Bed bug detecting canine came and didn’t find
anything and no more mysterious bites. Yay!
o Having bedbugs was a a pain, but I think that it was an answer to prayers, a strange one, but an answer all the same. I wanted to come up with a project to work on with Scott something we could do together, well this was it.
| Steaming away. |
| Bathroom full of all our clothing after heat drying |
·
Me time
o
Between everything I had a burlap wreath out on
the table I was in the middle of making and I really just wanted to finish it,
so I did. (At least the base, I still need to make it look fun now.
·
Guests coming into town, I didn’t want to spread
the problem, and we were going on a cruise.
o
We were on a quick time line and I had to turn
my house upside down, and put it all together again so that the house was
decent for Julie to watch Quincy
o
Stress.
o
We bought bedbug covers for our beds, steamed
our bed one more time, and placed them late the night before Julie and Dillon
arrived
o
Hurry put all the bags or clothes from the guest
bath into our closets and empty a bag or 2 so we could have clothes for our
cruise.
o
Clean the bathroom, kitchen to be at least
respectable, forget about the detail and organization I would have liked to
have done.
o
Grocery shop to make sure there is food for Q
and our guest, but wait the government is shut down and that means the
commissary is closed.
o
Pick up guests from airport
o
Enjoy Julie and Dillon (yay so glad to see Dill
again now he is home from his mission in Russia)
o
Get in lots of hugs with Q before we leave and
make sure everything is good and Julie knows what she needs to know for Q’s
care
o
Try to get Julie access to the base in case she
needs to take Q to the health clinic. Red tape, grrrr.
o
Take our company to see at least something fun
in Charleston before we leave. We visited Charlie the alligator, but he was
hiding. All the baby alligators however were walking up the hill from the pond
thinking we were going to feed them, (I counted about 14 babies.) It was a
little nerve racking because they probably could have fit through the fence.
o
Make
dinner and have a few freezer meals already to go for Julie
o
Finish cleaning, and packing for the cruise.
| Scott and Dillon, doing what brothers to best, sit next to each other and read sports on their iPads. Of course Quincy wanted in on the action too. |
·
Cruise
o
5 days of relaxation-finally! With a long blog
post of its own.
·
Return home (Wednesday)
o
Take Julie to see Mt. Pleasant and the beach
town
o
Have BBQ pork from the freezer for dinner
o
Take Julie to the airport. Quincy cried a
little, she had some much fun with Nana who spoiled her.
·
Sick Baby
o
Notice a little rash on Q’s foot as we were
driving around town the night we got home, followed by throwing up, and a fever
in the middle of the night.
o
Continuing Fever as well as additional bigger
bumps appearing all over her body.
o
Took Quincy to the doctor and she was declared
to have a virus similar to hand, foot and mouth.
Holy smokes! That is quite the list. Of course Quincy had to get sick to top all that off. Sheesh!
ReplyDelete