I finally starting to get the hang of Young Women s. Sheeze. It is quite a responsibility but the girls are wonderful and so loving. Wednesday was Young Women in Excellence, with a theme, Personal Progress: a Pattern for Life. One of my counselors found the idea online, with the whole program outlined, we just personalized it, which made everything much easier as a new presidency.One of the parents who was previously in the presidency and has older girls that have gone through the program in the ward was impressed with the turn out of both YW and parents. Although it was a small group that made me happy.
I was able to get to know the girls better and hopefully inspire them to start working on personal progress. I hope they will someday find use for the gift of needles and multicolored threads, even if they have to wait until they need to sew the button on their baby's dress. Once the night was over a burden was lifted, and I felt a little more comfortable and like I can do this calling. and can truly be guided by the spirit in what I need to say and do. I love Young Womens, I love the church.
No comments:
Post a Comment