Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July Fourth

It was weird not to be with family for Independence Day celebrations. No barbeque dinner and watching fireworks at Grandma and Grandpa Richens and no ultimate frisbee, volleyball, or fun in the park with the Baird’s all day starting with breakfast and going until late afternoon. What did we do? Study. I caught a lucky break and didn’t have to study as much. Instead I gave Cassie much needed company (since the youngest two kids are currently not home) while we cooked an adequate dinner to celebrate with. She made home fried chicken, and by all the work that went into it, I’m not sure I’ll ever make it on my own. It did however give me a piece of the Baird celebration that always had fried chicken and the soo good salads with the broccoli salad Cassie fixed and my embarrassing potato salad that doesn’t need duplicating.
Thankfully we did get to see a great firework show put on by Upper Arlington. We walked up “million dollar mile” (given the name by the all homes being worth one million+) and awed at the houses all the way to the park so we could ooo and awe at the fireworks. It was an impressive show that kept me grinning the whole time. It was more impressive than what Scott and I were used to from the Provo and North Salt Lake displays, even after we missed Columbus’ biggest firework show in the Midwest.
Even in Ohio the holiday was nice. It made me feel appreciative of Scott and grateful to be here with him. Being away for a holiday also gave me a feeling of growing up and that Scott and I are our own little family who can depend on each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment