The second night at Lake Powell we did a murder mystery I was Alice (in Wonderland,) Mom Richens dressed Quincy up as the White Rabbit who is always late to match me, and Scott was Aladin
Lovin' Powell
Spying on Q actually playing happy without us around. Apparently she cried for 20 minutes the first time without us. The next time 5 and the 3rd time she didn't really cry at all.
Grams, Ken(Papa,) Julie (Nana,) Gramps, Quincy, Jenny, Scott all cooling off in the lake together.
The ski right after I sprained my finger
My Charleston Peach.
The cathedral in Powell? It was really pretty.
Modeling...
Meeting the cousins. Q and Vickie were pushed everywhere in those boxes. Quincy loved it.
Modeling Motorcycles...on Gramps' Bike. :)
Great Grandpa Baird was lucky enough to have Quincy happy while he held her.
On a hike to Timpanogos Cave with the extended Allen clan. This picture started as just Scott, Q, and I and but turned out to be more fun with most of the nieces and nephews. They like us.
In the cave
Finally a family photo
All 14 of my parents grand kids in Natalie and Nic's backyard
The three of us flew to Utah together and got in 10 Pm and the next morning drove to Powell. Quincy traveled beautifully- however it was tricky not letting her get adjusted to a different time zone before everyone was stuck on a house boat with us. After a week in at the lake we stayed at Mom and Dad Allen's for most of the next week, then Scott headed back to work in Charleston while Q and I got to stay another few days. between Lake Powell and the back and forth we got to be with both the Richens' and the Allen's about even. We got to:
- Go to Averie's baptism,
- Have FHE and Allen BBQ
- Hike Timp Cavewith Allens
- Visit everyone's homes
- Help throw a bridal shower for 2 cousins at my moms
- go to the splash pad with cousins (any good pics dad?) -which Quincy warmed up to and then got too brave getting splashed right in her face, which made her scared again
- Visit both Richens' and Allen's church wards to show off Quincy
- Meet Aunt Sue at Grams Sunday dinner
- Sunday dinner at the Roach's the next week and take cousin pictures
- Play Rook the Baird way and the Richens way. I won the highest game average at Powell! However I only played 5 games compared to Grams' 35 games. I would have played a few more games but I had Q. And thankfully grandma and grandpa Baird aren't too mad at us.
- Skied our little hearts out (or arms out) Thanks to mom arms I am much stronger then I used to be
- Meet 2 new babies, Kade and Adelle.
- Clean out Scott's old bedroom-meaning pick trophy's and medal Julie CANNOT trash when she actually does the cleaning out.
- Practice walking (Quincy)
- Have a 2 week early 1st birthday party for Q with the Richens
- Play play play. Quicny LOVED all the kids. when everyone went home she was worn out!
We were all worn out after the week but it was sure fun. We felt so much love from everyone. Family is great it was fun to play, sad to leave, and happy to be back home. We do like our lives in Charleston. The flight home was a little more rough for Q since she only had me and not Scott also, it was during the day, and on the long flight we didn't have extra space. She loved to watch everything going on which made it hard to fall asleep and she got kinda ornery until I succeed in getting her to sleep.
Once we were back home and Q realized she was home and in her own space she took off walking 100%.
Oh my goodness! Sounds like so much fun!! I'm glad I got to meet her, she is so precious.
ReplyDelete