Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hocking Hills

Hocking Hills is a state park here in Ohio filled with lots of great hikes. With the Barrett's we hiked a big loop hitting many of the land marked caves and waterfalls and may I say, it is Gorgeous! We mostly hiked around river bottoms and through what felt and sounded like a rain forest (although maybe fewer trees.) We started early in the morning to avoid the heat but I think I like hiking in Ohio much better than Utah because you're hiking in shaded area's 95% of the time. Yes there is humidity but I think I'd usually still pick the shade.

Isn't it Beautiful?



No, pictures can never do justice to God's remarkable creations, but it's still fun to try. After seeing Old Man's Cave and Cedar Falls we had a picnic of curry chicken salad sandwiches, chips, carrots, and fruit then and walked a 1/4 mile trial to Ash Cave.

As we walked to Ash cave we realized a wedding had just ended there. I would think it odd to have random people walking around during my marriage ceremony and if they talk it sounds like yelling since your in a caved area. Oh and by the way people are swimming in the pool of water right behind and are in your pictures... Even though I love nature I am again glad I got married in the temple, it's just a better place for a wedding.

It was a great Saturday spent outdoors with great people. Thanks for the great weekend Kent and Cassie!

1 comment: