This is the home that Joseph and Emma were living in with the Johnson's when the tar and feathering happened.
Joseph's translation and study area upstairs in the Johnson home. Several revelations in the Doctrine and Covenants were received in this room, including section 76 about the 3 kingdoms of glory and section 133. NEAT!
The Johnson's were a littler more wealthy for the time period and could afford paint. Sister Johnson (I don't remember her first name) was a happy person and liked to decorating her house. Above you can see original feather painting on the doors, original checkerboard floor, and yellow and turquoise paints. all the rooms had either yellow, peach (seen in translation room picture), turquoise, or maroon paint. Very fun.
Sister Johnson was so trendy. I love it. I want a turquoise door like that :) Looks like you guys are doing some awesome things. Way to make the most of your time out there. We can't wait to see you in just over a week! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW! Loads of love!
ReplyDeleteWhat happened to all the Ramblin'? Miss hearing from you. Love you!
ReplyDelete