Dear Quincy, January
28, 2013
Tomorrow you will be 5 months old! Holy Smokes! You are no longer my little baby but my big baby. It is so fun to have you around; you are the
light of our lives. You have taken quite an interest in things. You started to
understand how to grab toys and bring them to your mouth. Your favorite trick
was using your pointer finger as a hook to try to get it around your toys, but you
have past that phase now. J
You make me smile. Now like any smart
baby you want anything mine or dads, just not what is yours. You see us drink
our of our water bottles and then all you want is to do what we were doing and
get that huge bottle to your mouth. Last
time I wrote (before Christmas) I was so excited to share with everyone that
you had rolled over. Well, that you had rolled that one time until yesterday.
When we got home from church you were rolling like the happiest baby their ever
was, from your tummy to your back, from your back to your tummy…and back and
forth. Today you have rolled both ways a
couple of times too, keep it up. (Dr.
said since you were a broad baby may take longer to roll, plus you like having
your arms spread eagle which isn’t so conducive to rolling.) We started spoon
feeding 2 days ago which, will take a little adjusting for you even as thin as
it is. You've been watching us eat eagerly and trying to grab our food so we
decided it was time. You had a great 1st Christmas in Utah and made
everyone adore your even more than before. You already have a bank account in
your name so I guess you’re growing up.
I hope I can be your best friend throughout your whole life.
Please know you can come to me to talk, cry, or just hang out. Life is just
about perfect when I get to wrap my arms around you and hold you tight, it’s
even better when dad has his arms around us too. I love you my baby girl!
Love always,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment