Sunday, November 11, 2012

Where we live


When we first got to South Carolina and were looking for a place to live we noticed signs by all the ponds throughout neighborhoods giving caution about alligators. Scott thought they were just a joke until we were at a friends house for dinner and found out that finding alligators is not uncommon. A few days later Scott saw an alligator in the pond right outside the school building where he teaches. Although this sign isn't the same as the ones that mark ponds throughout the communities it paints a good picture of where we live. 


It is also warm and sunny here. I doesn't seem possible that anywhere would be covered in snow. This morning I looked up the weather- I read it would be a high of 77 and low of 57. That gave me a nice big smile and the thought that I love where I live. Then I looked at the weather in Utah. Sorry, but I must admit that as I read it to Scott I just laughed.. What I read was a high of 27 and a low of 0. Today I am not missing Utah weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment