Dear Quincy,
Welcome to the world and welcome to the Richens family. Your
dad and I couldn’t be more thrilled to have you in our family. You have Daddy
wrapped around your finger without doing more than sleeping, needing your
diaper changed, and eating (the occasional sleep smile, funny faces and noises
help too.) We could… well I do just stare at you and cuddle you all day. Quincy
we love you.
Picking your name was tricky business for your dad and me.
Last summer when visited Nauvoo we heard about the town just south of Nauvoo,
Quincy. In LDS pioneer history the people of Quincy, Illinois allowed the
fleeing Saints, although strangers, to stay in their already crowded homes.
They were charitable and loving to people in need. I hope you will have those
traits too. I know you already do. After the assistance of the city the Saints
settled Nauvoo, but if it weren’t for their charitable acts the early Saints
may have scattered in the midst of their fleeing and not have resettled
together. When I saw the sign with the city name “Quincy” I thought it would be
a great name for one of my daughters. Your dad wasn’t so sure at first but he
came around. We didn’t pick your name because of the history of Quincy,
Illinois but I think it is great to have a wonderful history associated with your
name. I hope you love your name.
Although we were pretty sure that Quincy would be your name a couple
months before you came, I kept wondering if another name would suit you better.
Now that you are here your dad and I agree that no other name would fit you
better. Quincy fits you perfectly!
Daddy wanted you to have my name for your middle name. I
never thought that Jennifer worked as a middle name but I loved having my
mother’s name for my middle name so I hope you do too. I think it’s special and
it is very sweet to have your dad want you to have my name also.
Richens is a great name too with a lot to live up too. The
Richens’ family is wonderful. I myself have only been a Richens for a little
under 3 years, but I couldn’t be happier. Although your last name is Richens,
you are just as much an Allen. I grew up as an Allen and will always be an
Allen also. Everyone in both of these families loves you more than you could
ever know without even meeting you in person (other than your Aunt Natalie.)
Again you’ve smitten us all without having to do anything.
Thank you for being ours, we love you.
Love,
Mommy
Glad you sent the e-mail so I could come on here and see all these cute pictures and read your lovely thoughts. This is great!
ReplyDelete